Flint families may get nutritious food that can limit the
effects of lead exposure during mobile food pantry hours set for February at
locations throughout Flint.
The Food Bank of Eastern Michigan in Flint and the Michigan
Department of Health and Human Services are announcing the upcoming schedule
for mobile food pantry stops to distribute foods rich in calcium, vitamin C and
iron. Produce expected to be available to families in February includes apples
and potatoes. Milk is also available.
More than $300 million has been provided to help the
residents of Flint, including this initiative. Food distribution sites remain
open while supplies last. February dates by location are:
- Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 Ballenger Highway
- Monday, Feb. 4, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, Feb. 11, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, Feb. 18, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, Feb. 25, at 10 a.m.
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davidson Road.
- Tuesday, Feb. 5, 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 12, 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 19, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 26, at 10 a.m.
- Greater Holy Temple Church of God in Christ, 6702 N. Dort Highway
- Thursday, Feb. 7, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 14, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 21, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 28, at 10 a.m.
- Salem Lutheran Church, 2610 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Tuesday, Feb. 12, at 10 a.m.
- Flint Muslim Food Pantry, 4400 S. Saginaw St.
- Friday, Feb. 15, at 9 a.m.
- Hispanic Tech Center, 2101 Lewis St.
- Wednesday, Feb. 20, at 10 a.m.
- St. Luke NEW Life Center, 3115 Lawndale.
- Friday, Feb. 22, at 10 a.m.
Flint residents can also pick up
free nutritional food at the three Flint Help Center locations. They are Bethel
United Methodist Church, 1309 N. Ballenger Highway, open from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Mondays; Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road, open Tuesdays from
10 a.m.-2 p.m. and Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Highway, open Thursdays
from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
This schedule is subject to change, and information
about additional food distribution dates will be announced as they are
scheduled. For more information or to find out about any changes in the
schedule, visit the Food Bank website at www.FBEM.org and find the updated schedule on the Mobile Pantry Distribution page, or call